This page provides a device-specific tutorial for installing RTAndroid on a Samsung Galaxy S4.
Different device variants require different OTA images to be flashed. Please choose the correct package for your device. Do not install the image file it you are not sure about your device variant. This process may damage or destroy your phone and/or void its warranty. We take no responsibility for any damage caused.
|Type||Images for "jfltecan"||Uploaded||Size||Downloads|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170404||2017-04-04 11:32:16||253.66 MB||26|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170327||2017-03-27 06:08:31||253.66 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170311||2017-03-11 06:24:26||253.66 MB||3|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170310||2017-03-10 10:01:53||253.66 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170308||2017-03-08 08:11:55||253.66 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170307||2017-03-07 10:07:11||253.66 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170305||2017-03-05 09:55:19||253.65 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170303||2017-03-03 09:55:30||253.64 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170302||2017-03-02 09:05:41||253.65 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170227||2017-02-27 09:05:12||253.64 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170217||2017-02-17 09:30:48||253.66 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170208||2017-02-08 05:54:12||253.64 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170122||2017-01-22 07:14:58||253.64 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20161224||2016-12-24 06:54:13||253.65 MB||0|
|Type||Images for "jfltexx"||Uploaded||Size||Downloads|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170404||2017-04-04 05:11:54||253.66 MB||2|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170327||2017-03-27 04:17:26||253.66 MB||16|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170311||2017-03-11 03:17:56||253.66 MB||2|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170310||2017-03-10 05:45:28||253.66 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170308||2017-03-08 05:00:32||253.66 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170307||2017-03-07 05:15:24||253.66 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170305||2017-03-05 05:00:25||253.65 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170303||2017-03-03 05:05:02||253.64 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170302||2017-03-02 04:25:09||253.65 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170228||2017-02-28 02:53:41||253.64 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170217||2017-02-17 04:49:35||253.66 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170208||2017-02-08 02:02:28||253.65 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170122||2017-01-22 03:20:49||253.65 MB||0|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20161224||2016-12-24 03:01:51||253.64 MB||0|
|Type||Images for "jfvelte"||Uploaded||Size||Downloads|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20170122||2017-01-22 01:04:50||253.91 MB||3|
|rtandroid-cm-12.1-20161224||2016-12-24 00:52:32||253.91 MB||0|
If you are using Windows, the USB driver for the Galaxy S4 can be downloaded here. It is required for working with adb or flashing RTAndroid from Windows.
This guide describes how to install a custom recovery for the Galaxy S4. This is a necessary step for installing RTAndroid, as the native device does not allow for installation of custom ROMs.
Warning: The following instructions may damage your device permanently and/or void its warranty. We take no responsibility for any damages caused.
All steps should be performed on a Windows machine, as the current versions of Odin and Heimdall for Linux seem highly unstable.
- Make sure that the battery is charged over 60% and turn off the phone.
- Download Android SDK tools. It is sufficient to download SDK Tools Only, which becomes visible when opening the drop-down menu VIEW ALL DOWNLOADS AND SIZES.
- Run the installer you downloaded. At the end of the installation, accept opening the Android SDK manager. After the manager has opened, select and install the Android SDK platform-tools, other packages are not required.
- After the installation has finished, the folder platform-tools is available in your SDK installation folder. We will need the adb executable in other tutorials.
- Make sure you have the correct USB driver installed.
- Download Odin 3.07. We will later use this program to upload the custom recovery to the phone.
- Download correct ClockworkMod Recovery for your device. We will replace the factory recovery with this one. You don't need to extract this file.
- Put your phone into download mode by holding Volume Down + Home + Power key at the same time. You should get a screen showing a warning and asking to continue, press Volume Up to continue.
- Open Odin
- Connect the phone to your PC. In Odin, the ID:COM box should turn light blue.
- Click on 'PDA' button and select the downloaded ClockworkMod file.
- Click 'Start'. The process will start and give you a PASS indication above the ID:COM box if it installed the recovery successfully.
This section describes how to flash RTAndroid. Make sure you have an appropriate recovery installed on the target device.
Once you obtained a flashable OTA package for Galaxy S4, it can be flashed as follows.
- Shut your phone down.
- Connect S4 to your PC.
- Copy the OTA package to the root of your sd card.
- Turn your device on while holding the Volume Up button. This will cause the phone to boot into the recovery mode.
- Perform the full system wipe
- Enter the wipe data/factory menu
- Confirm by pressing Yes - Wipe all user data
- Enter the Advanced menu and execute wipe dalvik cache menu
- Confirm by pressing Yes - Wipe Dalvik Cache
- On the main screen select install zip
- Alternative 1:
- Select choose zip from /sdcard
- Navigate to 0/
- Choose the OTA package from the bottom of the list
- Confirm installation
- Alternative 2:
- Select install zip from sideload
- Open the terminal/console on your PC and navigate to the adb executable.
- Install the RTAndroid image to your phone with
- Alternative 1:
> adb sideload /path/to/your/rtandroid-<VERSION>-<DATE>-<VARIANT>.zip
As soon as the installation is finished, ADB Sideload Complete > Successful is shown on the top of the screen.
- Click Reboot System and wait for Android to boot up