This page contains a tutorial that explains how to create a simple real-time application for RTAndroid.
Please install RTAndroid onto your respective device. For example: step-by-step instructions for RTAndroid on Google Nexus 10.
- Download and install the Android SDK.
- Make sure that your device-specific USB driver is installed.
- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on the device:
- Navigate to Settings -> About
- Tap 7 times on the section Build number
- Navigate to the new section Developer options in the settings
- Activate Android debugging
- Connect the smartphone / tablet to your PC and confirm the RSA key
- The command adb devices (in /path-to-SDK/platform-tools/) should now list at least one device
- If required, monitor Logcat output by executing adb logcat
Create a new Android project with API level 22.
7. Open the build.gradle file in the app directory and insert the following line into the dependencies section:
provided fileTree(dir: 'api', include: 'rtandroid-20151105.jar')
Make sure to use the correct name for the jar-file.
8. Open the AndroidManifest.xml file of your application and add the following line to the application section
<uses-library android:name="rtandroid.sdk" />